Reports to: Executive Pastor, Josh Edney
Number of Hours: 8-10/week
Bridge Church is looking for an individual that will lead our social media channels. This individual should be self-motivated, organized, and a developer of people. In addition to leading our channels, this individual will be leading our Social Media Team. This role includes executing tasks and developing team members. This role is mostly remote.
This role is ultimately about reaching people. Our audience is online and we want our content to reach people where they are. Our desire is for our online content to bring people to our church.
- Create a monthly content calendar, based on the current sermon series and programming of our church
- Receive direction and vision from Pastor James & Pastor Josh regarding upcoming sermon series
themes & specific initiatives to explore on our social media channels
- Scheduling team members to cover live events & services
- Utilize the photos, videos, and graphics from the Bridge Church database as content. Assets will be provided by the Bridge Church Creative Director. Note: no graphic design skills are necessary for this role.
- Writing copy for the posts. Crafting captions using Bridge Church language.
- Engaging with our social media community by responding to comments, DMs, and IG/FB messenger.
- An understanding of boosting & ads in order to expand the reach of our posts
- Creating a monthly metrics report
- Lead Pastor: strategic vision meetings every 6-8 weeks
- Executive Pastor: weekly interaction, biweekly 1:1 meetings
- Creative Director: regular correspondence regarding available assets
- Social Media Team Members: weekly interaction
- A commitment to Jesus Christ
- An engaged member of Bridge Church
- High character
- Experience is social media management is preferred
- Creative writing skills
- Projection management skills
- Thrives under pressure, remains calm, and takes on difficult challenges
- A desire to train & develop people
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the someone assigned to this job. Other duties may be added, or this role description amended at any time.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform the principal duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties of the job, except where to do so would cause an undue hardship on Bridge Church’s business operations.
Employment at Bridge Church is at-will, which means that either the individual or Bridge Church can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this job description should be construed to diminish the at-will employment relationship in any manner.